Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Same old England, always raining...

It's summer in England - you can tell by the slanting sheets of rain. In between dodging the raindrops I've been enjoying the benefits of being back in the UK, such as Marmite. And proper bacon. And English summer berries - nothing quite like them.

Parenthetically, I have to ask - Was the UK always this expensive, or did I just not notice it before?

Got my housing details for NYC, will be living in Harmony Hall, which is a dorm-style building between Broadway and Amsterdam. My address is #207 544 West 110th Street, New York, NY 10025 - come and visit! I have it on good authority that not only is there a subway stop very near, the coffee shop from Seinfeld is also a mere two blocks away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Dude,

I really want some bacon now, the bacon over here really is pish.

Glad to hear its going well and its raining...roasting over here now.

Fukuoka here I come- I look forward to hearing about your NY adventure when I come back, try to make sure the mugger doesn't stab your hand so that you can type all about it. Good luck.

Rob T said...

Go to Costco while you're in Fukuoka mate, you can buy like half a pig off them if you want. Still, nothing like a bacon sarnie with HP sauce.

Still can't get my head round how damn much the train fares here are, it's £5.10 return for Essex-Cambridge (only 10p cheaper than the single). As against 460 yen for a comparable distance in Japan, i.e. Shiogama-Sendai.