Saturday, July 23, 2005

Back in town

Back home in Cambridge, more-or-less over the jetlag and enjoying life as a non-CIR. Flight was OK, never something to be enjoyed so much as endured, but it's over now. Second leg was delayed slightly by a spectactular electrical storm at HK airport, but Cathay managed to make up a fair bit of time on the way over Russia, apparently.

Got back in time for all sorts of crazy shit to kick off in London again...failed bombing attempt, and a guy shot dead on the Tube in what seems to have been a case of mistaken identity. And England have faded after a bright start in the Ashes, though that's hardly news...

Been job hunting unsuccessfully; think the time frame will count against me, but I'll see if I can whip something up. Otherwise I'll probably just spend the time going to the gym or studying. I'm on a crappy 56k dial-up here, a hollow mockery of the broadband I had in Japan, so posts might be rather more infrequent.

Also booked my flights to New York, going on the 23rd August. Still, I plan to enjoy a bit of home life for the next month or so. It's good to be back, for the moment at least.

No comments: