Saturday, July 16, 2005

Knackered...

I tell you what, another sobetsukai later and I am tired. Feels like the farewells have been dragged out so long I just want to leave and get the whole damn thing over with. Friday's was my departmental one. It was OK, I like the people in my department and get on well with them - gave them handkerchiefs as a farewell present, as I understand the custom is here. Party itself was much of a muchness, started off at the spick and span Kameki Sushi and wound up in a dingy snack bar in Ojima-cho, Shiogama's red light district. Made my excuses and left after a while, but not before one of the guys in the department next door to us, had confessed to (if I understood him correctly, and I think I did) having had an affair with one of my predecessors (female, I hasten to add). No idea why he thought it would be a good idea to tell me that, but he was pretty drunk at the time - not exactly unusual, he likes the ales. Oh well, not like I'm going to tell anyone. His wife is pretty fit though, it has to be said...more fool him. And I've seen shots of my predecessors, they weren't all that.

Fireworks in Shiogama tomorrow evening, the weather looks like being good and there's even more beer on the table...dunno if I'm gonna make it to Wednesday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Hold lemme explain, I know that I'm in trouble Boo
Yeah I crushed that chick, but I made love to you
...
It was real I know he told me
I was home and lonely, you gotta trust me
She was ugly, I was really horny,"


Sorry we wanted to stay / make plans tonight, but fate is a motherfucker.

-Nick (who is sleeping alone tonight)

Rob T said...

Sorry to hear that dude, but thanks for stopping by anyway and it was good to see you. Keep in touch and let me know how you get on next year.