Saturday, November 04, 2006

Musings

Americans seem to like to heat their buildings (at least in New York) until they're warm enough that you could walk around in just a T-shirt. I sort of understand the logic to heating buildings when the winters are so harsh, but inside they're about 22℃, which means that when you walk in wearing several layers (as everyone who's outside does) you boil within 30 seconds. Not quite the right balance, perhaps.

I accidentally called my Chinese teacher a prostitute last week. How could I have known that the word for chicken in Mandarin also meant hooker? And why was I calling her a chicken in the first place? Answers on a postcard to the usual address.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tuckysan,

When are you back in England's green and pleasant land? I'll be in London 21st/22nd Dec and then Ipswich from the 23rd to 27th so not too far away if you're in Cambridge and fancy a pint

Nobby

Rob T said...

Yeah, I'll be in Cambridge around that time. I'll look you up when I get back and we can sort something out.

Anonymous said...

Rob - Joe and I are in New York. Call me and show us where the best place for beers is in town!!
(or don't and we'll go home really sad...:-( )
love s x