Friday, November 03, 2006

Days of rest

I'm over the worst of it, I think. All that needs to be turned in has been, and I can relax for a day or two since we have Monday and Tuesday of next week off. It's not an official holiday, but the University cancels classes on those days because, I think, they don't celebrate Columbus day. So time to relax a bit. I'm going to Chinatown tonight for a good feed - I haven't had a good Chinese meal in a long time.

So I can take a breather from doing press-ups for a while (while you are perfectly correct, Tori, in pointing out that they will give me killer pecs, you neglected to note that I already have pecs that are statuesque, nay godlike, in appearance). I also get to hang out with Kate a bit more than normal.

Got my stipend cheque just this week, so I am not poor again just for the moment. Booked my flight back to the US after New Year - I'll be back in Blighty from the end of term, though I'm not completely sure when that will be in practical terms. So I anticipate a bit of a knees-up with my British-based friends.

Called the Student Loans company in the UK to get another deferment application, got put on hold, and noticed that their music was Notorious B.I.G.'s "Mo Money, Mo Problems". I hope that was deliberate.

No comments: