Friday, August 05, 2005

Wheels in motion

Been doing some more stuff that needs to be done before I go, like getting all the paperwork in order for my JET pension refund - that's going to come in very handy indeed. Should have it sent in on Monday, popped into Lloyds' in Cambridge and sorted out that part of the process.

Also booked a hotel for my first night in NYC - I get in at 7:40 p.m. so obviously won't be able to move into my room the first night I'm there. Reserved a 1 1/2 star place on West 38th Street, looks pretty low budget but then it's only for one night so what the hell.

Plans for this weekend - seeing Sarah, my ex-girlfriend of 3 years ago, for lunch and what will hopefully be a leisurely afternoon down by the Cam. Pimms all round. Perhaps. Will likely feel slightly weird, I haven't seen her in two and a half years. And Sunday I'll be down in London again, for Sunday lunch and a relaxing stroll with Nina and Matt, more friends from college.

And England have been giving the Aussies something to think about in the Edgbaston Test - it's been an enthralling two days' cricket.

No comments: