Thursday, June 16, 2005

The night before

So I'm off to the US Embassy tomorrow at an ungodly hour (leaving Shiogama at 5:40) for the interview for my student visa. Let me just check I've got everything...
  • Current and previous passports over the last 10 years (all 3 of them)
  • Hard copy of appointment form
  • DS-156
  • Photo of self, 5cm x 5cm
  • Original receipt of $100 application fee (actually 10800 yen, internet payment NG)
  • DS-157
  • Self-addressed ExPack 500 Pre-paid envelope
  • Clear Plastic Folder
  • Valid Japanese Re-entry permit
  • Photocopy of both sides of Gaijin card
  • DS-158
  • I-20
  • I-901 Fee confirmation ($100, paid online)
  • Letter of acceptance from US university
  • Proof of funds to cover expenses
  • Proof of adequate academic preparation for course of study
So that, I think, is that. Piece of cake. Shinkansen tickets booked, all I have to do is to persuade them that I'm not an imminent threat to the interests of the United States of America. I'll let you all know how it goes, assuming I don't wind up here:

Orange just does not suit my skin tone

I'm also meeting a good friend of mine, Nick of the North, for lunch as he has a couple of job interviews in Tokyo. A leisurely lunch for me, for I will have finished...he may not be quite so relaxed. More to follow...

1 comment:

firia said...

good luck to you mr.tuck!