Thursday, June 23, 2005

Mixed News

So, it's here -



a mere six days. I'm impressed. American bureaucracy's bad name is obviously thoroughly undeserved, as I will no doubt find out repeatedly when I get there.

As for the issuance of the visa itself, I can think of no more apposite remarks than Brad - "Oh the humanity..." and Isaac - "There goes the neighbourhood".

Not so great news on the housing front; I'm on the Wait list for University Apartment Housing, which could be good and could not. I won't learn until mid-August, which could be too late, so I'm going to set about finding somewhere to live outside of that framework. Judging by the listings on the CU site and various places including Craig's List, it actually won't make that much difference financially - rents are more or less in the same bracket. But if I do end up with a psycho room mate, at the very least it'll make for interesting reading for you lot.

On a side note, I'm knackered. Been working really hard the last couple of weeks...it seems that everyone wants a piece of me before I go.

No comments: