Friday, June 10, 2005

How much?

Been looking around the vaccination issue...if I can't get my records transferred across from Oxford, it'll be possible to have a test done (called a titre, apparently) which will detect the presence of antibodies and thus satisfy the requirements...the only problem is that it will cost at least £67 on the NHS and £137 if done private. Not a cheap business.

Since I haven't been in Oxford for three years now, that means the surgery will have been collecting a fee from the NHS for me even though I'm not there, for the past 3 years. GP Nirvana. Hang on...collecting money from the government...for doing nothing...for up to three years...sound familiar to anyone?

On a sort of semi-related note, good luck to my brother Mike who is interviewing with architectural firms in NYC this week. If all goes according to plan, there will be not one but two Tucks in New York from this autumn. One was bad enough, surely...

The weekend dawns...I don't really have any plans, probably just go to Sendai. It's raining, which is not at all satisfactory.

No comments: