Friday, January 26, 2007

Brass Monkeys

You know, when you get up in the morning, check weather.com, and find that the temperature outside is -11℃ (and 'feels like' -21℃ with the windchill), it's very tempting to just go back to bed. I think that's the coldest temperature in anywhere I've ever been, including Hokkaido in February (speaking of which, it must be coming up to Sapporo trip time again for those of you still in Miyagi).

Kate and I went for dinner last night at a Phillipino/Thai fusion place, which was really rather good. Plates served in a sort of izakaya style - small portions, order as you will. Particularly liked the mussels in coconut milk, kaffir lime and lemon grass. I've been doing some Thai cooking at home recently, so always helps to have something with which to compare one's own efforts.

I somehow got talked into presenting my research paper at the Columbia conference in February again. So once again I'll be up on the podium, trying to pretend I know what I'm talking about...

No comments: