Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The results are in

Having spoken to my supervisor a couple of days ago, I'm now able to confirm when I'll be coming back to the UK - I will finish work on the 14th July, and fly home on the 19th or 20th. I'm lucky enough to have sufficient holiday to take the last two and a half weeks of my contract off, mainly through being cheap and lazy and not having really gone anywhere apart from Korea.

As many of you will be aware, 14th July is Bastille Day in France. For many French people, this represents their liberation from a socially oppressive, backward and widely detested institution. For me, it represents...well, more or less the same thing actually, in that I won't be working for the Japanese government any more.

I plan to finally move into the 21st century this weekend and sort myself out with a digital camera. Despite my somewhat straitened financial circumstances at the moment, it seems like a wise investment (particularly here, where the level of technology is a bit higher) and it'll enable me to share my snaps of Japan and NYC from September more easily. In the meantime, I'll get my photos of Korea and Kinkazan put on CD this lunchtime, and will hopefully have them up on the web by evening.

And just for Nina (since you seem to be the only person in the world who doesn't get the reference in the title ;-) ) - here you go, with a Japanese translation to boot.

No comments: