Sunday, May 29, 2005

Let's do the Time Warp again

And so the obligatory shots of the 80s party on Saturday night are posted below. As you can see, I made little or no effort to dress 80s myself, because, well, I'm cheap and lazy, to be honest. But the girls put us all to shame with some real corkers. I could almost swear I was looking at some extras from Flashdance. Naturally the music was superb, bringing back all of those memories from 1985 I'd done my damnedest to forget about. What a decade that was. As they say, even if you can remember the 80s, it's probably best not to.

Apart from that it was a fairly sedate weekend. The process of packing up my life and moving out began, albeit in a small way, when I sold off my snowboarding gear to DVO. Much as I would like to try out the runs in Upstate New York I doubt I will have the time or the money as a grad student. Next to go, or rather be packed up and sent home, are some of my books and my winter clothes. I've been wanting to send the clothes for a while now but still need the damn things, despite it being nearly June. That's Tohoku for you.

So, the long goodbye to Japan starts here.

No comments: