Saturday, March 18, 2006

Playing it down

It's been a curiously low key Spring break, really. If I were an American undergraduate, the chances are I would have spent most of it doing tequila shots off a half-naked college girl in Cancun or somewhere similar. So runs the tradition. So perhaps on reflection it's a good thing I'm not an American undergrad. Though I guess it depends on your attitude to doing shots off half-naked women (personally I have a lot of time for it). And also on how hot the half-naked woman is. And which half is naked. But I digress.

Maybe it's been because I've been working on my thesis all week - got a fair bit of productive research done - and so have most of the other people I hang around with. I went over to Arunabh's place on Tuesday to watch cricket, but apart from that I've been working, exercising and studying, with not much else to shout about. K's out of town - gone back to California - though she comes back tomorrow evening. I'll admit I missed her, sensitive new man that I am (though still rugged and chiselled as ever, be it noted. Especially since I took advantage of her absence to not shave). Be good to have her back.

Friday was, of course, St Paddy's day, one celebrated raucously throughout the city, no doubt, but not by me or any of my friends. It had been my plan to drink some green beer, affect my Irish accent and see if I could fool anybody into thinking I was actually Irish, as I have quite a convincing brogue when I put my mind to it. That didn't happen. Didn't even have a pint of the black stuff, although considering I think it tastes like pond water that's not something I was particularly cut up over.

No comments: