Friday, March 24, 2006

Credit or Debit(o)?

I learned today while at work that David Aldwinckle, also known as Debito Arudo, is coming to Columbia Law School on Monday to talk on his experiences in Japan. Most of you who are/were JETs will know who this guy is, but if you don't, he has a (admittedly badly organised, but still interesting) website. He's fairly famous/notorious amongst the JET and expat foreign community in Japan for his activism against racial discrimination in Japan, and, being bored at work fairly frequently in my CIR days, I've perused virtually all of his site and am very familiar with his stuff.

So I'll make sure to go along and see what he has to say. By all accounts he's a pretty good speaker, so this should be interesting.

I swear, I passed a beggar today on the street (or panhandler, to use the native terminology) who was wearing an iPod. Now if that isn't chutzpah, I don't know what is.

No comments: