Tuesday, April 18, 2006

And now, the end is near

Yeah, the end of term is creeping up. It's about a week and a half to go until the official end, although I have papers and a thesis due after that, so unfortunately rather than slowing down things are going to have to speed up. Which means less time on the blog, sadly, though it's not as if I've been keeping it particularly busy of late.

It's a shame that I'm having to spend so much time in the library, because the weather right now is glorious. It hit 26℃ last week, and I can tell it's going to be a good summer. I might even get a tan, who knows.

Went down to Chelsea with K last Friday to see Thank You for Smoking. I'm not sure if this has been released in the UK yet, but it's a superbly understated black comedy about a tobacco lobbyist. All star cast, with Katie Holmes, Rob Lowe and various others even outside the main star (whose name I can't remember, funnily enough). Laughed my arse off. Had to raise an eyebrow at the ads before the show - one for a particularly loathsome "psychic" (aka scumbag who preys on grieving people) called John Edward, and the other for the US National Guard. A bizarre sense of priorities, I suppose. Still, according to this view, at least you can still talk to people after you've gone to Iraq and blown them up. Though they might not be able to tell you much more than what letter their first name began with.

K's got a new haircut, incidentally. It looks fantastic, and so does she.

No comments: