Saturday, November 26, 2005

American blu-tak is f*cking useless.

I have a poster from the Met in my room of New York City as seen from Brooklyn. It's a very arty sort of 1930's black and white poster which I think is a rather attractive and evocative shot. My mum bought it for me when she was here visiting a month or so ago.

Now, here's the problem. I can't get it to stay on the wall. It's fallen off three times since I've had it. It's not THAT heavy. The other posters I have up of the Guggenheim and the MTA transport network are doing fine. So I have to conclude it must be the American blu-tak, which, I am reluctantly forced to say, is f*cking useless. It's got one job - to keep things on the wall - and it's not doing that. I wouldn't mind, but the poster is directly above my bed and keeps falling on me when I'm asleep, or trying to be. I'm going to bring some British blu-tak back when I go home at Christmas, it's the only solution.

Thank you for your attention. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! This is why i love you. I got the same problem. Japanese blu-tack is just fine, problem is with my tacky mauve uneven walls

Rob T said...

The bloody thing fell on me again last night. I didn't know you could even get blu-tak in Japan, I never managed to find it, and...

hang on...

mauve walls?

Anonymous said...

yeah, you can buy it at office24 in ichibancho. mauve = ふじ色 

Michael said...

You should use the 3M temporary adhesive strip things...